Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/3/2024 21:53:02   
blex12345

Love the new victory scrolls Well done staff. Also really like the in game server time, it was always hard to get the time right when in another time zone. It is better in game than when it was on AQ home page which got lost when it was redesigned.
Post #: 51
5/3/2024 23:37:47   
1stClassGenesis

Unpopular opinion, I’m sure: Commendations are bizarre when you realise that a fair number of premium items are seen as offering more than their gold costing counterparts.

Players should be commended for winning with less, not by being able to pay their way through to access better gear.

That said, I’m not overlooking the effort that has been put into this release. I would be curious to see if a poll can be put up to see how many players are sticking to the newer victory scroll.
Post #: 52
5/4/2024 4:54:55   
Rastaban

It feels like the classic scroll takes longer to appear than it used to.

EDIT: For reasons I cannot explain, my gold did not stop increasing at 1,200,000,000.

< Message edited by Rastaban -- 5/4/2024 5:25:23 >
Post #: 53
5/4/2024 5:12:40   
PeeBall

Thank you Hollow and team for the great work in this refreshing update. Especially love the new token daily cap information.

However, I find the new HARD CAP to daily token gains (now capped at 50 for guardians) to hugely dampen my excitement over this update, and hope this can be removed/reverted to how it was before.

How it was before: you can get between 3 to 10 tokens on a win, e.g if you had 49 tokens and win, you can get 52 tokens minimum.
How it is now: if you had 49 tokens and win, you will get ONE token and stop at exactly 50, never more (never happened before this update).

Getting 49+10 tokens in one day was a rare occurrence that was something I looked forward to despite it not being much at all.. it was the excitement of getting lucky that added to the enjoyment of the game in its own way.

Not sure if this 'nerf' to free tokens was intended but if it was, I feel it's highly unnecessary and leaves a very bad taste for people who play daily for the tiny amount of tokens they can get.. this average of 3-4 tokens a day never broke the game. To be frank, if given the choice, I would pick the extra 3-4 daily tokens a day over these new features in this update.

Please consider reverting this change. Thank you.

< Message edited by PeeBall -- 5/4/2024 5:31:04 >
Post #: 54
5/4/2024 5:32:32   
Flamingshadow

Firstly I would like to thank you and the team for this recent update and all the work you guys have been putting in.
But I would have to agree with PeeBall on this matter. The HARD CAP is really not that friendly for players that get that their Z-token income from daily farming. These are the players that log on to the game daily just to grind this out. A few extra tokens past 50 would not really make a big impact towards the game itself. The people who usually buys tokens won't stop. But the daily players who farm on all 10 accounts might. I would appreciate if this HARD CAP was reverted.
Post #: 55
5/4/2024 5:34:17   
Rastaban

quote:

However, I find the new HARD CAP to daily token gains (now capped at 50 for guardians) to hugely dampen my excitement over this update, and hope this can be removed/reverted to how it was before.

How it was before: you can get between 3 to 10 tokens on a win, e.g if you had 49 tokens and win, you can get 52 tokens minimum.
How it is now: if you had 49 tokens and win, you will get ONE token and stop at exactly 50, never more (never happened before this update).

Certainly not a fan of the new way.
Post #: 56
5/4/2024 5:56:31   
The Holy Knight

Victory scrolls look fantastic love every bit of it! But I also agree 50 is too limited if it is up in the hundreds that’s fair.
Post #: 57
5/4/2024 6:12:10   
dr jo

Great update to the scroll but also agree that the 50 token hard cap is too limited, please can this be reverted back.
On the scroll would be good to see banner added for beating anime house guards
AQ  Post #: 58
5/4/2024 6:24:21   
Bolter

I also personally think the hard cap on tokens is unnecessary and would prefer it be reverted back to a 'soft cap'.
AQ  Post #: 59
5/4/2024 6:27:24   
Strange Doctor

So there's a hard cap for tokens now huh. Soft cap was the only reason I play everyday.
Post #: 60
5/4/2024 7:23:45   
BoomOfDoom

Thanks all for the good work on the updates, my only concern is the hard cap on daily token farming.

quote:

These are the players that log on to the game daily just to grind this out. A few extra tokens past 50 would not really make a big impact towards the game itself. The people who usually buys tokens won't stop. But the daily players who farm on all 10 accounts might. I would appreciate if this HARD CAP was reverted.

Totally agree with this^ I am one of those players, currently spending my spare time to farm daily on 10 accounts. The few extras were a blessing, and they definitely do not break the game to take that away now.
I would feel grateful if you could revert it back to how it was.
Post #: 61
5/4/2024 12:13:51   
Rastaban

The new scroll shows a +10% gold boost.
Post #: 62
5/4/2024 13:17:08   
King Darxonic

+1 for removing Z-Token hard cap.

A little bit over 50 a day for Guardians was cool because it felt like you were a little bit closer to your goal.

You'd have to grind virtually everyday to obtain 18,250 tokens a year, which is only 3 token items a year if that. I'm sure reverting the hard cap wouldn't harm the AQ economy that much considering packages been dropping and returning like hotcakes. (Let alone the high chance of getting common boxes opposed to rare and ultra rares)

The grind should still be fun even for free players/guardians who aren't often pulling out their credit cards.

Black Naginashi/Darxonic stopping by to say "Hello!" to everyone!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
5/4/2024 13:36:59   
dizzle

Wow the new victory scroll looks amazing! Big W for both aesthetics and QoL! I’d also like to see the token cap get changed back to a soft cap if at all possible. It seems paltry but it was always a feel good when you could squeeze out a couple extra tokens, especially if it’s across multiple chars. Anyway tho I don’t want that to take away from my main point of this post which is to applaud the changes to the victory scroll! I’m a big fan of the badges and I hope at some point in the future there’s a feature that lets you track your badges somehow or someway
AQ  Post #: 64
5/4/2024 19:25:27   
sujin6614

lets keep the hard cap to monster only and not tokens please. :)
Post #: 65
5/5/2024 0:39:40   
The Holy Knight

I want to add that new battle victory tune is fantastic! It compliments the new victory banner style very well.
Post #: 66
5/5/2024 1:06:47   
ming shuen

I saw the Pinata. Fought it. Won. But there was only an "Ew" button and no prize shop. Is that a thing that sometimes happen? Do I have to find another Pinata and hope for a shop? Or did I click the wrong button?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
5/5/2024 3:33:09   
Ninjaty

@ming shuen: It is intentional, and yes, you will have to find another one. There seems to be 3 things that can happen when it is killed, chosen at random:
1. It's revealed to have jam inside, and you just get the "Ew" button.
2. It's revealed to have temporary prizes inside, and allows you to take them by clicking on them (a pinata pet, two weapons, and a shield) and gives you the button "No Thanks", below which is a box saying "Choose your Prizes!".
3. It's revealed to have a sombrero inside (which does nothing when clicked on (not even a text box to describe it (I really hoped it would be a temporary face :())), and gives you the buttons "No Thanks" and "Open Shop!".

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 5/5/2024 5:53:35 >
Post #: 68
5/5/2024 5:12:50   
PeeBall

Reported changes to token drops from monster since the new victory scroll update (gathered from 10+ players who play daily including myself):

1. Max daily token cap for guardians hard capped at 50 (used to be soft cap of 50) as mentioned previously
2. Token drops from monsters now range from 3 to 6 (used to be 3 to 10)
3. It takes much longer to reach token cap (approx. 2x~3x longer) now, compared to before the update. Possible reasons: lowered token drop rate and/or reason 2. above
4. Adventurers now do not get any token drops at all

Please help to revert these issues to the state before the update.
Thank you.

< Message edited by PeeBall -- 5/5/2024 5:49:33 >
Post #: 69
5/6/2024 12:52:54   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

Thank you for your reports folks! It turns out the soft Z-Token cap was a bug, not a feature. The hard cap is the actual issue being addressed, and unfortunately it cannot be reverted. To balance the potential decrease in free daily Z-Tokens, we have increased the Z-Token drop rate for Guardians and raised the total free Z-Tokens per day from 50 to 55. The range on the amount of Z-Tokens you can find after a battle has also been increased to previous levels. Additionally, the maximum amount of gold a player can hold at a time has been increased to 1.5 billion, with a maximum cap of 2 billion. We are still looking into long save times when capped and an increase in BSoDs.
AQ  Post #: 70
5/7/2024 4:36:24   
davesf989

Since yesterday I went from 155.7 million to 141.7 million that i can earn .
My first token drop said 53/55 I found 3 it was my 6 kill .
I went from 56% to 41% .
What is going on .

I have maxed out z tokens at 5 with 9 kills .
I hope this will be adressed soon .

thank you

< Message edited by davesf989 -- 5/7/2024 4:47:31 >
AQ  Post #: 71
5/7/2024 18:27:35   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

The gold boost for X-Guardians was mistakenly set at 10%, inadvertently raising their daily gold cap by the same amount. This issue has been resolved, along with the problems related to mob scaling!
AQ  Post #: 72
5/7/2024 20:16:45   
Corvid

I feel a bit confused as to why the 10% gold boost/cap increase was a mistake, seems like some Artix pages indicate that the 10% gold boost was intended.

https://support.artix.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009559427-AdventureQuest-Guardian-X-Boost-and-Starter-Packages-and-Prices
AQ  Post #: 73
5/7/2024 20:49:29   
1stClassGenesis

I believe the outstanding issues remaining unaddressed are:

- Increase in BSoDs
- Long save times for new victory scroll
- Adventurers not being able to get any Z-Tokens
Post #: 74
5/8/2024 3:22:39   
ThySirBurp

To underscore the previous observations,

The known accursed ill bugs the new unknowable horror of the Victory Scroll Update has caused:

-Increased amount of BSoD than usual.

-Adventurers not acquiring any ztoken drops, unlike Guardians. This a big issue requiring more attention and needs further testing. This may be a problem related to the Guardian ztoken overcap glitch being fixed.

-Mysteriously Overpowered Mob Level Scaling. A rather serious potentially game-breaking issue that had low level PCs encountering mobs with amazingly disproportionate levels and stats scaled to the PC. *(Devs have fixed this issue in an update, may require more testing.)*

-Long Loading times when capped.

-The previous long-lived ztoken overcap glitch was fixed.The Guardian Daily Ztoken Hard cap of 50 ztokens could be surpassed over with a soft cap of 5 ztokens, for a total of 55 ztokens daily. This considered harmless exploit of an unintentional glitch from early days was fixed, the Guardian Hard cap set at 50 ztokens only. This may be related to the issue of Adventurers not receiving any ztoken drops. *(Devs have fixed this issue. The Guardian ztoken Daily Hard cap was raised to 55 tokens )*

-The 10% Gold boost for X-Guardians was removed or altered. This appears a misstep from player perspective as a 10% Gold boost is listed as a feature in the X Guardian purchase offer. Understanding is lacking of why that gold boost was a problem to be dealt with.

-The maximum amount of Gold a player can hold at a time was increased to 1.5 billion with a maximum cap of 2 billion. This is unknown if this adjustment was to fix a gold cap problem or simply QoL.

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Victory Scroll (Update) & Champion of the Light Realm
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition